What Agency Services Can International Freight Forwarders Provide?
When it comes to the import and export of goods, many people think of international freight forwarding companies, so what kind of agency services can international freight forwarding companies provide?
Scope of international freight forwarding services
1. Help go through relevant procedures and escort international freight in one stop. International freight consolidators can provide one-stop services for shippers, one of which is to handle various procedures on their behalf, which is actually a very humanized service, which can help many shippers solve the problems of procedures.
2. Reasonably arrange freight routes and freight methods to save money for the enterprise to the greatest extent!
3. The foreign trade freight forwarder can arrange the transportation of the goods to the relevant customs ports, and at the same time arrange the communication with the carrier throughout the whole process.
The business scope of international freight forwarding companies is relatively wide, such as customs clearance, space booking, air transportation, sea transportation, multimodal transportation, packaging, warehousing, domestic logistics, etc. So what are the procedures of international freight forwarding?
International freight forwarding process
The first is to accept customer inquiry
Sea/Air Inquiry: (Need to know the shipping port to all continents, major routes, and understand the cargo information such as cargo name, danger level, etc.). If it cannot be provided in time, please ask the customer to leave contact elements such as phone number, surname, etc. in order to reply to the customer in the shortest possible time.
Orders are the entrustment of customers
Important information to be clarified after accepting the client's entrustment:
1. Shipping date, number of pieces
2. Box type and volume
3. Gross weight
4. Various types of volume
5. Payment terms and contact information of the consignor
6. In case of box, door-to-door or interior
Book space for customers
Obtain the bill of lading number, voyage, transit time, etc. and inform the customer. The customer sends the goods to the designated warehouse or yard according to the above warehouse entry time.
Understand the information required for customs declaration of frequently exported goods.
①Commodity inspection required
② Quota required
④Certificate of Origin is required
⑤ Need to provide trademark authorization, brand name
⑥Bill of lading confirmation and modification. Ship after confirmation
The above six steps are the core steps and the framework that an international freight forwarding company needs to memorize by heart. Of course, there are still various problems encountered in this, and it is necessary to accumulate corresponding experience by solving them.