Sea Freight is a way of using ships to transport goods between ports in different countries and regions through sea lanes, and it is the most important mode of transportation in international trade.
2. Main features of sea freight
Sea Freight is carried out by means of natural waterways, which are not restricted by roads and tracks, and have stronger passing ability. With the change of political, economic and trade environment and natural conditions, the route can be adjusted and changed at any time to complete the transportation task.
3. The main role of sea freight
1. Sea freight is the main way of international trade transportation
Although the international ocean cargo transportation has the shortcomings of low speed and high risk, due to its advantages such as large throughput capacity, large transportation volume, cheap sea freight cost, and strong adaptability to goods, coupled with the unique geographical conditions of the world, it is become the main mode of transportation in international trade.
2. Sea freight is one of the important channels for the country to save foreign exchange payments and increase foreign exchange income
In our country, freight expenses generally account for about 10% of the total foreign trade import and export, especially for bulk goods. Can get more foreign exchange income.
3. The development of sea freight is conducive to improving the country's industrial structure and the structure of international trade export commodities
Maritime transport is achieved by the practice of seafaring activities, which are based on shipbuilding, seafaring skills and skilled seamen. The shipbuilding industry is a comprehensive industry, and its development can also drive the development of the steel industry, the shipbuilding equipment industry, and the electronic instrumentation industry, and promote the improvement of the entire country's industrial structure.
4. The sea freight is an important reserve force for national defense
Sea-going transport fleets have historically been used as logistical vehicles in wartime. All countries in the world attach great importance to maritime shipping, protect it through legislation, support and subsidize it financially, and give preferential treatment to cargo.